Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Day 1 - 01-01-08

Day one of the new year and of my attempt to document this whole year of our lives in pictures.




I put way too much thought into what I would take a photo of today... I couldn't come up with anything that would symbolize the start of the new year.




Then it hit me. I am a southern gal, every holiday is all about the food and my own quirky New Years tradition is this....




The first year that hubby and I were married my mother was in a quandary over what to make for New Year's Dinner. We were all Turkey and Ham'ed out so I offered to fry chicken. I have fried chicken for New Year's Dinner every year since then. We still have the traditional southern sides for New Year's, Black Eyed Peas, Turnip Greens, Green Beans, Salad, and Corn Casserole. You just can't start the new year off without Black Eyed Peas for luck and Greens for money.

Happy New Year Y'all!!

No comments: